- My good friend Woodrow recently started up a new blog where he reviews movies (cause he’s into that sort of thing) at viewfromthebooth, where I may end up contributing. He might also do the same here. Unless he starts talking about Justin Bieber.
- I’m still listening to The National’s masterpiece, High Violet, and if you haven’t heard it check the stream here.
- I plan to do a full write up when I get time, but T.D. Reisert’s entire discography (here) is online and definitely worth hearing. To Sleep the Sleep is a good starting point.
- The Ordinary got a MySpace, here with a rip of “Pink and Blue” that I think is from this site. (Which is now on my Top 50 Most Played playlist.)
- Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin’? makes hilarious videos mostly about video games. Their podcast is pretty interesting, too.
- This article about Kanye’s 808s & Heartbreak and the Smashing Pumpkins’ Adore draws some interesting comparisons. I really liked 808s and I think this article helps articulate why.
- The Freelance Whales did a Daytrotter Session that’s pretty good. Check it out here.
- I really like this song, called Pioneer Scalps from the Cast Spells. A full blog post from ListenBeforeYouBuy, here.
- I’ve discovered how to do mouse overs that I don’t think anyone’s reading.
So last week, I did a thing I called Monday Quickies and I got a lot of complaints that it was vague. It was a lot of stuff, quick, which was what I was going for. But I didn’t think about the fact that people actually want to know what it is that they’re clicking. So, this one’s revised with a little more information in its snippets.
I was considering calling it “Myspace Monday” but I realized that doing so would likely lead to the most amount of time I’ve ever spent on Myspace in the entirety of my life.